What Is The Normal Amount Of Hair Loss?

Hair Loss

Like most people, you can easily start to get concerned about possible hair loss, especially when you are seeing more hairs in the drain after a shower or in your brush after brushing your hair. Are these legitimate signs that you may be starting to go bald? Or is it just normal everyday hair loss?

Normal Hair Loss

To properly answer this question, the first thing that you will want to figure out is whether you’re really losing more hair than what is considered normal. Research has shown that, on average, most people will lose somewhere between 50 and 100 hairs per day. This is completely normal, and although it might seem like a lot, it is actually only a small amount of the total number of strands on your head (which varies from 75,000 to 140,000).

What Is The Normal Amount Of Hair Loss

The Life Cycle Of A Hair

It is expected that everyone will experience a small amount of shedding because every hair has a limited life cycle. In normal conditions, around 75% of your hair is in the growth stage, which lasts from 3 to 6 years. The other 25% of your hair is in the resting stage, where hair no longer grows but sits dormant on the head for roughly 3 months before moving on to the shedding phase, where it falls out and then is replaced by new hair.

When Hair Loss Becomes an Issue

Hair loss should only start to become a concern if you start to consistently lose a large amount (more than 100 hairs per day) and new hair is not growing back in its place. There are all kinds of different reasons why this can happen. Some of the main factors are a lack of proper nutrients, high levels of stress, hormonal changes and imbalances, traction alopecia, alopecia areata, and of course, the biggest cause, androgenetic alopecia (or male / female pattern baldness). It is important to get the advice of a specialist to properly diagnose exactly why your hair is falling out and also to prescribe or create the right treatment and hair restoration plan to fix the problem.

neograft-hair-transplant-procedure

Hair Transplant:Minimally InvasiveNo IncisionNo Scar
delimiter image

Watch patient interviews & informative content

VIDEOS

Hair Transplant Case Studies

Results From Real Patients

Hair Transplant Case Studies

Results From Real Patients

  • Track Dave's Hairline

    Track Dave's Hairline

    See real patient before and after results

  • See Jim's Progress

    See Jim's Progress

    See real patient before and after results

  • See Andrew's Results

    See Andrew's Results

    See real patient before and after results

  • See Frank's Hairline

    See Frank's Hairline

    See real patient before and after results

  • See Tom's Transformation

    See Tom's Transformation

    See real patient before and after results

What Is The Normal Amount Of Hair Loss

Toronto Hair Transplant Clinic

Dr. Torgerson of the Toronto Hair Transplant Clinic is a specialist in treating male and female hair loss problems. We give free advice and complimentary consultations to anyone who may be worried about hair loss and is interested in finding out what they can do about it. Each patient is thoroughly assessed and given their own unique hair restoration plan.

The plan will be tailored to solving their hair loss in a way that will not only get the best results but also be something that will fit their individual budget and lifestyle. We offer our patients the most effective treatments available, including FUE hair transplants using SmartGraft or NeoGraft technology, PRP (platelet-rich plasma) therapy, and most likely finasteride and/or minoxidil.

Additional Articles About Hair Restoration

Hair Restoration Articles

delimiter image

Get in touch with us

Schedule a complimentary consultation today!



Share This!

Share our pages & spread the knowledge

The Toronto
Hair Transplant Clinic

59 Hayden Street 7th Floor, Toronto, ON M4Y 0E7
Phone: (647) 351 0061
Fax: (647) 343 0277
4.9 Stars from 26 Reviews - Google